First Class Construction, Inc., provides home remodeling and deck building services to Lake County, Ohio and surrounding areas.
Our company is looking for a reliable, hardworking Finish Carpenter to complete the finishing touches on trim and carpentry work for different construction and manufacturing projects. You may work on a variety of projects, including cabinet making, framing, decking, window and stair customizations, crown molding, and baseboard installations. Our ideal candidate has an aptitude for precision and can accommodate unique build requirements from clients.
We prefer a candidate who has prior experience or training in trim carpentry or finish carpentry but are willing to train a motivated individual who works hard and learns quickly and has general carpentry experience.
As a small, but growing, company this position requires someone that is willing to pitch in on other areas of the job, when necessary, in order to finish the job and help the company continue to grow.
Finish Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
- Dismantle or demolish and remove necessary material
- Perform finish and trim carpentry work according to plans and specifications
- Measure, cut, and install various fixtures and millwork for doors, windows, ceiling panels, staircases, decking, furniture, etc.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders as needed
- Collaborate with team members and subcontractors to complete the job
- Troubleshoot and repair issues with building components and equipment
- Follow established regulations and advocate for safety on each worksite
- Assist with project planning to ensure job is completed on time
Finish Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of a relevant finish carpentry training program or apprenticeship or at least one year of carpentry experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to use common hand tools and power tools
- Troubleshooting and communication skills
- Physical stamina for lifting equipment and working at various heights and in tight spaces
- Must have reliable transportation
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be a team player
- Strong math skills
References required. Photos of work completed encouraged. Pay based on experience.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org